What Is Elantra Virus
Elantra Virus is yet another variant from ransomware family. The previous version of this devastating crypto-malware virus has already proven how dangerous it is for your important files. However, this new ransomware is even more risky and hazardous for the infected computer. It snakes into the targeted computer by stealth and quickly infect all your files. It will encrypt kinds of data stored in your computing machine such as texts, documents, music, videos, PDF’s, Images and many more. Well, files encrypted by this particular ransomware virus can not be accessed manually by users. It demands you a huge amount of money in order to restore your files. However, if you don’t wan to lose your important data permanently then you will have to delete Elantra Virus virus completely from your PC.
Elantra Virus set a scary ransom note as your wallpaper stating that all your files are encrypted. It threatens the victims that the only possible way to restore your locked data is unique decryption key that is also catered by hackers. It force you to pay money in exchange of the decryption key and also warns you that if you don’t pay the money soon then all your files will get deleted from your computer. However, it has been seen that even after paying ransom money users are unable to restore their files. Meanwhile, with the help of powerful data recovery tool users can easily restore all their important files. Therefore, it is recommended to the users to get rid of Elantra Virus virus as soon as possible from infected computer.
Actually, the Elantra Virus stands for a malicious ransomware infection & belongs to Matrix ransomware family. Elantra Virus was elaborated specifically to encrypt all important file types. Once the file is encrypted by this nasty ransomware virus then the people are not able to use them. Elantra Virus adds the “.[firstname.lastname@example.org].Elantra” extension for each and every file encrypted by it. For example, suppose the file “myphoto.jpg“, once it encrypted by Elantra Virus, it will be renamed into “myphoto.jpg.[email@example.com]“. As quickly as the encryption is completed, Elantra Virus automatically places a special text file into each and every folder containing the encrypted data.
How Elantra Virus attack
The Creators of this nasty threats uses severe malign and cunning tricks to spread this malicious malware. Elantra Virus could be uploaded on a public server bundled with some freeware programs available for easy download. Spam email attachments are also one of the most effective and commonly used method for this types of malicious malware distribution. Downloading free or illegal files like cracks software, illegal patches or torrent files could also be source for this dangerous and nasty Elantra Virus infection. If you really want to avoid this risky virus or similar threats in future then do not open any fake spam emails attachments, never download any single crack files, do not visit porn or torrent websites and always choose custom installation method to avoid any malicious attachments. Make sure to create restore points on your system and always keep backup of your important files & data.
Ransom note left by Elantra Virus contains the following text:
Elantra Virus is a very harmful & dangerous malware and it is only interested in your money. The note left by this nasty infection on your computer screen clearly says that you must need to pay to get your filesor data back. There is no any discussion about the payment, no negotiation only the demand and time limit. Hacker’s claim to give you decryption key when you pay the ransom money but there is no any proof that they will keep their promise and give you the decryption key. The ransom note left by Elantra virus on screen contains following text :–
WHAT HAPPENED WITH YOUR FILES? Your documents, databases, backups, network folders and other important files are encrypted with RSA-2048 and AES-128 ciphers. More information about the RSA and AES can be found here: hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_(cryptosystem) hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard No data from your computer has been stolen or deleted, but it is impossible to restore files without our help. For decrypyion of your files you need two things: first is your private RSA keys and second is our special software - decryption tool. Sure, you can try to restore your files yourself, but the most part of the third-party software changes data within the encrypted file and causes damage to the files and as result, after using third-party software - it will be impossible to decrypt your files even with our software. If you want to restore your files, you have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. Contact us using this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org In subjеct linе оf the mеssаgе writе yоur pеrsоnаl ID: - This e-mail will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key. After the payment you will get the decryption tool with instructions that will decrypt all your files including network folders. ATTENTION!!! After 72 hours your unique RSA private key will be automatically deleted from our servers permanently in interest оf оur security, and future decryption of your data will become impossible. If you don\'t believe in our service and you want to see a proof, you can ask for a test decryption. About the test decryption: You can send us up to 3 encrypted files. The total size of the files must be less than 10Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.). We will decrypt and send you decrypted files back. In a case of no answer in 24 hours, usе thе rеsеrvе е-mаil аddrеss: email@example.com ATTENTION!!! * Do not rename encrypted files. * Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss. * It doesn\'t make sense to complain of us and to arrange a hysterics. * Complaints having blocked e-mail, you deprive a possibility of the others, to decipher the computers. * Other people at whom computers are also ciphered you deprive of the ONLY hope to decipher. FOREVER. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How To Remove Elantra Virus From PC
To remove Elantra Virus from your infected computer, you have to completely remove all the hidden files and left overs associated with this infection. Keep in mind that it may have distributed its copies at different locations on your system under different names. It could be quite time taking to detect those files manually, so you can try Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect those threats for you. Well, before starting the removal process users must know that manual option is quite tricky and time consuming, hence users will need essential technical expertise in order to remove Elantra Virus Ransomware using manual method.
Moreover any kind of mistake or technical complication will land the users in even worst circumstances and can make your system completely unusable. However, if you have good technical skills then follow the bellow methods carefully in order to get rid of Elantra Ransomware manually from your Windows PC. Manual detection can take lots of time and there is also a high probability that will delete wrong files which can damage your system. Therefore, FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR SYSTEM, we highly recommend you to choose SpyHunter’s automatic malware scanner to see if it can detect this infection on your computer. You can download the trial version of software to scan your computer. If the software detect Elantra Virus infection on your system then only purchase the license to remove detected threats from your system.
- Download and Install the Automatic Scanner on your machine.
- Now double click on the installer file then click Yes to install the program.
- Launch the application and click on Start Scan Now button to scan your Machine.
- Software will take some time to find all hidden threats and malware on your System.
- Finally click on Next button to see results and remove Elantra Virus and other infections.
Some Very Amazing & Powerful Features Of SpyHunter::–
- Malware Detection & 100%Removal – Easily Detect and remove spyware, rootkits, ransomware, viruses, browser hijackers, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms and other types of malware.
- Custom Scan – This amazing feature gives you freedom to easily scan any part of your system particularly to find hidden threats including external hard drives or USB drives.
- Real Time Protection – Advanced system guard feature has malware blocking technology which helps to protect your system against malware attacks, threats and other harmful objects.
- Technical Support – It is one of the best feature that provide you ’24×7′ technical help to the users of custom malware fixes, specific to unique malware problems.
Recover Your All Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Software
If you don’t have backup of your files or data then you can try using our most powerful data recovery software to restore your encrypted files or data. First of all Download the free scanner and scrub your computer system for files. Once the software will scan your entire hard drive, it will automatically show the preview of files which can be recovered. Once it can find the data which you are looking for then you will have to register the software. Then after you can select the files you want and recover them very easily.
- At first download the Stellar Data Recovery software on your computer system.
- Install the application, launch it and select type of the Data you want to recover then click on Next button.
- After that Select the folder location, Drive or volume you want to scan for data then click on Scan button.
- After scan, choose & select the files and click on recover button to save your recovered files.
Remove Elantra Virus with Manual Solution Method.
Very Important Note :- For the safety of your Computer, before you start the Elantra manual removal method, At first kindly confirm the following things::– 1. You should have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique. 2. Your computer techniques should must reach the level of system experts. 3. You should have very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your any mistake. 4. You are also capable to reverse the wrong operations during Elantra manual removal method.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Manually Remove Elantra Ransomware From System
Step 1 -Start PC In Safe Mode With networking
- Click “Windows+R” keys on your keyboard.
- Type “msconfig” in Run Box and Click OK.
- A new System Configuration box Window will get opened before your computer screen.
- Select Boot menu from system configuration box then choose Safe Boot option and click on OK button.
Step 2 – Kill Elantra Related Process from Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
- Windows Task Manager will appear on your computer screen.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC. Select all malicious process and Process and click End Process option.
Step 3 – Uninstall Elantra from Windows PC
Uninstall Elantra from Windows XP System
- Click on from Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose the program related to Elantra and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
Uninstall Elantra from Windows Vista PC
- Click on the “Windows flag” from bottom left corner of your system screen. Now go to the Control Panel option of your PC.
- In Program section click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Here you can see the programs installed in your PC. Select Elantra and make a right click on it then select Uninstall option.
- Click on OK if confirmation is asked and wait for the process to end.
Uninstall Elantra from Windows 7 PC
- From Start menu open Control Panel.
- Under Program option click on Uninstall a program option.
- From the list of all programs select the Elantra Virus related malicious program. Finally click onto the Uninstall Tab.
Uninstall Elantra Virus from Windows 8 PC
- From right corner of screen click on search option and Type Control Panel.
- In Control Panel Windows click on Uninstall a program.
- Select and Uninstall all kind of programs related to Elantra infection installed in your system.
Uninstall Elantra from Windows 10 PC
- In Start Menu search for Setting Option.
- Now go to App and Feature option from the Setting box
- Select the programs related to Elantra infection and click on Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Delete Elantra Virus from Registry Entries
- Press Windows and R buttons together to Open Run.
- Type “regedit” in Run box and clock on OK tab.
- Select all the Elantra related malicious entries and remove them completely.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Elantra HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = Elantra HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = Elantra HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “3948550101″ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “xas” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantra
Well, usually the manual removal method helps the users to remove Elantra completely. However, at times it has been seen that manual methods fails to remove this nasty threats permanently. If you are facing the same kind of situation then you should better opt for Automatic Malware Scanner to see if it can detect virus on your computer.
Step 5 – Remove Elantra From Your Browser
Remove Elantra Related Extension From Chrome
- Open your Chrome Browser and click Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
- Now go to Tools menu and select the Extension option.
- Here you can see the list of all installed extensions.
- Find and select Elantra related extension and click on Trash icon.
- Now restart your browser and enjoy web surfing.
Remove Elantra Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser and click Menu icon from the top right corner.
- Now Select the Add-Ons option.
- Click on the Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and remove all Elantra related extensions.
Remove Elantra From Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on “More” icon.
- Choose “Settings” option and select “Extensions”.
- Select and remove unwanted extension from your browser.
Remove Elantra Extension From Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools menu.
- Now select Manage Add-ons option from the drop down list.
- Select Toolbar and Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and disable Elantra related extensions.
Remove Elantra From Apple Safari
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select preferences.
- Click on “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Find and remove malicious program completely.
Reset Your Browser To Default Settings
Reset Google Chrome To Default
- Open Google Chrome browser and open “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Select “Advanced Settings” option.
- Press the “Reset Settings” button finally to complete process.
Reset Firefox To Default
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and Click on “Menu” option then Select (?) icon.
- Now go to the the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Then Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm.
Reset Edge To Default
- Open Edge browser and click on “more icon” then select “settings”.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
Reset IE To Default
- Open IE browser and click on “Gear” icon then choose “Internet options”.
- Now go to the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
Reset Safari To Default
- Open “safari” browser and Click on “Safari” menu then select “Reset Safari” option.
- Now select all your preferred options to clear and then finally click on Reset button.
Block Unwanted Pop-ups On Your Browser
Block Unwanted Elantra Popups on Google Chrome
- Open your Chrome browser and go to settings option.
- Now select the “Show advanced settings” option.
- Find out the Privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)” option.
Block Unwanted Elantra Popups on Mozilla Firefox
- Open your Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Click on menu button and choose Options.
- In the Content tab, check the “Block pop-up windows” option.
Block Unwanted Elantra Popups on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option.
- Select “Settings” and choose “View advanced settings” option.
- Now turn ON the Block pop-ups option.
Block Unwanted Elantra Popups on Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools button.
- Select Pop-up Blocker and check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker option.
- Now turn on the pop-up blocker.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website
Block Phishing and Malicious Website in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on Chrome menu icon from top right corner.
- Click on the Show advance setting option from the bottom on your browser.
- From the Privacy section click the check box to Enable Phishing and Malware Protection option.
Block Phishing and Malicious Website In Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on menu icon from the top right corner.
- Click on Option Menu and Choose Security option.
- Click on Security option and Tick the following option.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons.
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge browser and Click on (…) option and select settings.
- Click on Settings option and tap on View Advance Settings.
- Scroll down and turn ON “Help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter” option.
Enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser in your PC.
- Select the Safety option from upper menu list.
- Now hit Report Unsafe website option to enable safe browsing.
Note : If you have followed all the above manual steps and still unable to remove Elantra infection then you are suggested to take professional help. You should choose a powerful malware removal tool to see if it can remove the infection from your computer.
Optional – How To Avoid Threats Like Elantra
As it is said that prevention is always better than cure. You can protect your system by paying a little bit of extra attention. You can follow some prevention tips to avoid harmful and malicious threats like Elantra.
Backup – Always keep backup of your important data. It is not sure when your system get infected by any harmful threat that will completely destroy your system and corrupt your data.
Use Firewall – It is the most important and primary security for your computer. Be sure that your firewall is activated so that it can easily block any malicious process like Elantra that try to intrude your computer.
Anti-virus Program – You must use powerful anti-virus or anti-malware protection with real time protection. Use any program that can block any malicious threat or virus and protect your system from threats in real time.
Scan USB drive – Always scan the use drive before copying the data. Most of the times, your system get infected by viruses when you insert any infected external storage device to your computer.
No Spam Emails – Try to avoid opening spam emails. Never open any spam email sent by unknown sender specially when it contains any attachment. Cyber crooks mainly uses spam email techniques to distribute threats like Elantra directly to the user’s computer.
Freeware Download – Bundled freeware programs are also one of the major way to spread malicious threats. You must not download from untrusted or insecure websites. Also choose custom installation method to avoid any harmful attachment.
Avoid Fake Update – Do not download update for your system programs from any unsafe website. Any unknown and random pop-up that ask you to download update for your system program can execute malicious codes like Elantra on your system. Always prefer official website for downloading update for any program.
Do Not Click Spam Links – When you get any unknown pop-up while browsing the Internet then do not click on it. Avoid visiting to malicious or pornographic websites as they can also inject nasty threats on your computer.